Saturday, August 4, 2007

Week 8 & Week 9

Week 9 - Finale
Listened to several good knitting podcasts--that was fun! Earlier on in LATI we did quite a bit of video and downloadable audio activities. I'm sure it suits some people, but I prefer curling up in a cozy chair with a real live book in my hands. Now to summarize: Twenty-three Things has been fun, frustrating and enlightening all at the same time. Up to this point, computers--outside of work and email usage have not figured prominently in my life. I am happy to say I'm slowly becoming less gunshy and have enjoyed the learning. To me, it seems a bit like fishing in unknown waters. You cast your hook out there and can never predict accurately what you'll reel in--a bottom feeder? a bony little sunny? a georgeous bass? There is a bit of a thrill associated with that unknown. Being basically unknowledgeable in computer lingo, I found that without the help of my patient co-worker Linda, I would have been left behind in the dust. Her help was invaluable. But now I'm "hooked," and look forward to continuing the journey.


Week 8
Enjoyed this week's work. Zoho is a good thing. To be able to sit down at any computer, no matter where I am, and have my document-in-progress there right before me is great--very practical. The Web 2.0 awards were interesting. My favorites were music and health.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Cindy,
Looks like they haven't gotten your goat yet!
Keep up the good work--looks great.